Stress is a normal part of life; we all have to deal with it. Even what we would call “Good Stress” affects us. Most times our reaction to good stress vs. bad stress is the same. We may feel fatigued, anxious, not sleep or eat properly. It’s how we manage stress that makes the difference.
Awareness is the first step. You cannot change or deal with it if you don’t acknowledge it. Listen to your Body, it tells a story of what you might not be aware of and how you feel
7 ESSENTIALS FOR DEALING WITH LIFE STRESS….
1) What you eat- Eat more fresh fruit, raw vegetables and salads LESS fast food
2) What you drink – Increase your intake of bottled water DECREASE soda
3) Exercise – At least 3 times a week for 20 minutes
4) Rest – Minimum 8 hrs per night. DECREASE caffeine after 12:00 Noon
5) What you breathe – If you smoke…STOP. If you around people that smoke. STAY AWAY
6) What you think – Think in the positive, focus on the positive in your life
7) Relationship with God – Prayer, Meditation, Quiet
WHEN A STRESS ARISES OR A DIFFICULTY COMES YOUR WAY,
WORK THESE 5 STEPS
1) What good am I seeing in this situation?
2) What lesson am I learning?
3) Who do I need to Forgive?
4) How do I see the face of God?
5) Then come up with a positive phrase to help keep you focused
(i.e. I am handling this situation______________with peace and grace)
Think of something that is difficult right now in your life, either a relationship or a situation. Meditate daily using the 5 steps.
ALLOW STRESS TO MELT AWAY
GOD CREATED US TO BE FREE